Friday 18 October 2013

Dinner for one



This blog has put me in a predicament. My some unknown source, it has spread to all the Xchangers at college, and people will randomly pass me in the hallway and say 'hey Caty, I loved your recent blog post about _____, and your photos from California are amazing!' And then I just stare at them stunned. Because, well, I blog about a lot of them. So I don't know how many will react to the stuff I say. Torben was saying that when he reads what I write, it's like I'm sitting there and talking directly to the readers, so that's kinda nice. I guess. But the other issue with the blog is this; my dad sent me and email warning me to be careful of what I write, because 'chances are the authorities are monitoring my blog' for suspected terrorism, or like, 'suspicious behavior' or something dumb like that. And apparently I should WATCH MAH BACK (numerous people have told me so) cause let's face it, that would be classic America, to arrest and interrogate me for hating on the government or something. Meh. Yolo. 

Annie was telling us a story about a friend of a friend of hers in London, who was going to Vegas with his mates for a two-week holiday. Before he left he tweeted something inappropriate and it was mistaken for a terrorist threat and low and behold, when he arrived in LAX, there was a SWAT team there to meet him and he was strip searched and questioned for hours, before finally being deported immediately and being banned from ever entering the US for the rest of his life. (You can email me if you're curious as to what he tweeted, I don't want to repeat in fear of the same thing happening to me. It's a conspiracy people. A conspiracy). Coming to think of it actually, I should tone down all the 'suspicious' words I use, cause intelligence officers look at foreigners in the country at any particular time and use their super duper computer investigatory skills to search for key words...so I should probs tone down on using words like 'terrorism' 'suspicious' 'government' 'threat' 'US' and 'security'. In my criminal justice class the other day I read a stat that said a very large proportion of Americans had had phone calls/emails/txts/third party records followed by intelligence forces at one point. I don't remember the stat (and I'm too lazy to go look it up), but it was big. Hmmm. Food for thought. Dangerous waters folks. Kind of like how you can't say bomb on an airplane. 


ANYWAY amongst all this, I've some photos of a lovely Bostonian sunset, courtesy of Wednesday the 9th of October;






Us just mucking around by the water.

Pierre, Kirsten, moi

Pierre and Liz


Dat sunset

Contemplative
When I left Australia I had nightmare visions of me, sitting alone in my apartment eating mac and cheese by candlelight every night. Luckily, that has proven to be false, and there's a group of us that have a communal dinners more often than not. College life is great. 


#australian #german #dutch 




Liz #australian

Torben #german

On this particular Wednesday, Pierre showed us how to make croque monsieur, THE FOOD OF HIS PEOPLE. Torben and I made chocolate bananas, Liz made the salad, Jeppe bought beer and the rest just hung around looking pretty. And it was glorious.

#french #australian




#dutch #french


fwends

No comments:

Post a Comment