Thursday 17 October 2013

Fall into Fall

Helllooo dearest readers! Oh how I have missed you! I realize I've been fairly crappy with updating the blog recently - and for that I offer the biggest apology that my 'Merican heart can offer up (...before it inevitably expires at the fate of a pulmonary embolism). I would like to say thank you for all your support and enthusiasm, dearest friends - there have been so many page views and numerous people have commented on my blog, and are constatnly asking me for more. And I heart the feedback that I get from so many of you...thanks for all the emails, and keep them coming...unless it's shitty feedback, then no. Kindly go and self-destruct. A special shoutout to Little Lizzie's mum Sybil, a regular blog reader, and all the German friends that have jumped on the bandwagon recently. Welcome. 
Ok, I had best stop rambling on about the popularity of a) myself and b) my blog because I've written a short essay on it already. It's your fault actually. Stop being so nice and  keen and then I won't have to waste my time saying thank you. Geez. I have a blog to write, you know.

Ok, so fall is upon us. The weather has cooled down, and I've started wearing my trendy winter-gear of the season - emerald green scarfs and cardigans layered to the max. Every time I leave my apartment the air is crisp and I pick up my pumpkin chair latte (yummo) and skip to class, loving the cold snap in the morning and the sunshine that comes out in the afternoon. Fall in New England is beautiful. And looks a little like this;


Pierre wearing colors of the season






Coffee after class. That pumpkin stuff


I've taken to bringing a little of the weather into our place too - Katherine must think I'm mental, but I've decorated our windowsills with all the colours of fall. Katherine also boils cinnamon and oranges and apples on the stove, which fills our apartment with warm, homely smells. Also about Katherine, she can't reach the bathroom mirror. She's too short. And cute. I heart her.

Fresh fruit and veg. I love this place



Classic


I love living in this city

There has been a lot happening, as of recently, so be prepared for a fair few posts to come up quite quickly (the groupies will love that).

I hope you're enjoying all the lovely Boston snaps, this place truly is bliss. To sign off, I'd like to inform you of a few random things that are happening in 'Merica for now;







1. There is a real-life Ken doll in one of my classes. Legit. He has the Ken hair, face, clothes, and Ken-ness feel about him. He's also from Rhode Island. I can totally picture him partying on the beach with dozens of Barbie girls in Barbie's Beach Motor-home, or driving around in Barbie's Jeep.


2. In class the other day I asked the professor if we could use dot points on our midterm. He looked at me blankly. The lecture theatre of 100 turned to look at me blankly. I panicked. Then some kid down the front rolled his eyes and said; "Oh, she means bullet points". The rest of the class sighed. The professor replied with; "Oh, sorry. Gun culture over here."
Didn't know they could link dot points and the Amendment rights together but ok. Ok America. 

3. I haven't gained weight. Some days I just forget to eat, actually. And I nap a lot. College is all about napping. If I wasn't exchange, I'd be paying $58,000 a year to nap, see real life Ken dolls and be made fun of for not using bullet points.

4. Each day is different. Sometimes Katherine and I are studying and we hear a baby crying from the apartments opposite us. Who the hell brings a baby to college?! Sometimes we hear someone singing opera. Sometimes we hear people horrifically screaming, victims of violent crime presumably. And dammit, sometimes I just want to lean out the window and sing Mornings Here.


5. There are people being robbed at knife point on my college campus. No joke. There was a news crew outside my building the other day, and reporters were all over it. Horrendous. This place ain't safe.

6. Sometimes I see wankers riding around on Segways downtown, you know, seeing the city and such. Marieke told me that the inventor of the Segway rolled off a cliff in LA in the end. That's what you get for inventing the Segway buddy.

7. Went to an ice hockey game. It was brilliant. Terribly violent - but brilliant. So much action, the NEU team was crazy good, and we smashed the other team. There was the NEU band, that played snippets by Beyonce and Ke$ha to pump up the crowd, and everyone was super involved and enthusiastic. Playing college sport is like, a big deal. Kids go to college on sport scholarships and the league is like one level below playing professionally. There are scouts at the games and stuff. The coaches wear suits. There were so many fights, where people would literally take their sticks and hit other guys with them. At several stages in the game people got pushy shovey and then threw their helmets off, and starting punching each other in the face! There were fights on the ground, the poor ref got sandwiched on the ground as another player jumped on top of him to get involved, and heaps got red carded and sent off. It was eventful. The stadium was awesome. I'm going back for more. #bloodthirsty



That's all for now folks, I have to go and participate in a little college tradition we call "Thirsty Thursdays".


Adios. 

No comments:

Post a Comment