Tuesday 26 November 2013

Excuse me whilst I journey abroad


I have heard two notorious tales of it snowing in Boston. Number one; it allegedly snowed for a whole 10 minutes one crisp morning at around 7.45 - but I obviously wasn't up at that hour, because that would be - ludicrous. Number two - it wasn't so much a tale, as that I actually experienced it. After we saw the Christmas lights downtown, we came home to step off the tram to realize that yes, yes it was indeed, snowing, sort of, on our faces. That was nice. Christmasy and cold allegedly = picturesque and iconic. And it was. Snow is often a bothersome thing, but it still doesn't take away the beauty and MAJESTICNESS of it. Haters gonna hate.


Found a new use for my invented tupperwares - cookie jars.
I'm heading abroad this afternoon, so excuse me whilst I pull on my docs and shamefully pull on my saggy thermals under my denim (thanks to my 'least shit aunt' as she calls herself, who went shopping and bought them for me in Melbs, and coincidentally I've just read an email from her that said 'but anyway no one has died...or at least no one we give a flying fuck about'....go figure). We are road trippin up north to Canadia for Thanksgiving break, no time to waste. It's bound to be cold, there will be arguments about music choice on the 9 hour car trip, Annie insists she's spending the whole week at the pub (cause we are legal in Canada, yay), I predict wildlife, another horrible winter-sport-incident on my part, campfires in the woods, trickery, laughs, and if it's been anything like the last few weeks in Boston...actually, my entire semester for that matter - a lot of fun.



So Canada - be warned, we are coming. If 'yall don't hear from me again, I've probably been mauled by a bear or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment