Sunday 25 August 2013

California Girls

I was falling asleep in the hostel room when a small, bubbly, and enthusiastic girl burst through the door demanding to know if there was an Australian in the room and who she was. Our Asian roommates (who speak no English, not even kidding) ignored her and then for the next hour or so Serena and I got acquainted in our pyjamas in our beds, and the rest was a done deal. She's 19, from the Netherlands and she is utterly FANTASTIC. I hope you know what I mean when I say that sometimes you meet people in life, and you just click. I felt like I had known her for years, all of a sudden we were chatting about everything under the sun, we have heaps in common and then she boldly exclaimed that we were hanging out tomorrow and that it would be SO MUCH FUN,(she says that a lot)and I wouldn't have it any other way. We giggled and talked for so long our roommates actually turned on some weird relaxing-sleep-melodic-music really loudly, to drown out our voices. We took the hint and shut up.

Santa Monica again folks...history repeating itself, but the photos are THAT good, I'd take them twenty times over...









The next morning me and Serena had breakfast and boarded the bus to Santa Monica again. Although I had already been, Serena had this idea that I ABSOLUTELY had to teach her to surf (I may have over-exaggerated my water-sport abilities to sound more Australian, yes)and that it would be SO MUCH FUN. So down we went, and good thing too, cause the weather is HOT in California. Santa Monica - what do I say. The place is stunning, the people are awesome and the beach atmosphere is amazing. People skateboard, bike ride and rollerblade all along the coast, there are markets and joints to eat at, and dayum, much to mine and Serena's delight, are there some good lookin beach fellas. We lay in the sun, giggled and frolicked in the water. We met locals, other beach boys and walked along the coast.

Serena had an underwater camera, so I apologise in advance for the photos that are about to follow, we probably went a little crazy, but in the words of my Dear Dutch Friend, it really was SO MUCH  FUN to spend a day at the beach with a top chick.


California beaches

California Girls <3



To caption this, Serena would say OMG THAT IS SO MUCH FUN


I don't want the girls back at home to feel threatened, but this girl takes the cake for the best gal I've met so far


Santa Monica Pier


The sun was so hot, we instantly got tan lines, and it was stifling to walk around for too long, we had burgers on the pier and wandered downtown in our swimsuits with snow cones. I'm just going to upload some more Santa Monica snaps, and leave you with the thought that I seriously don't want to leave this place for college anytime soon.








She's so little she gets swept under by the waves










No comments:

Post a Comment