Thursday 19 September 2013

A classy place

Let me JUST say, that after sleeping in a college dorm bed, a fancy, soft, comfy king sized bed is quite nice. Quite  nice indeed. We all had one bed to share, but it was a good. Complimentary breakfast on the house, where the charismatic maid chips around wiping tables saying "You are the guests, guests, guests, and I clean the mess, mess, mess".

Just a BEAN photo...I wish I took it though

Before beginning the day we headed to the rooftop...yes...rooftop pool and spa, overlooking Chicago.






We basically just spent the day downtown, eating, drinking, chilling out, pretending to be groovin city-goers. Chicago is awesome. 



















These guys gave us free Hummus, and then insisted on taking our photo cause we were Australian. OH MY GAWD YOU'RE FROM AU-STRA-LIA?!?



Navy Pier was on the agenda for today, bordering Michigan Lake. 















'Merica








This little monument overlooks Bicentennial Park, and, classic Caty, I became fascinated with a cute little squirrel that was foraging for food! So cute! I know they're pests in America and Europe, but these little guys are just so adorable! So I spent a considerable amount of time photographing that. Reminds me of the time when I was 5, mum and dad took us to the theme parks in Queensland, and after queuing up for hours to see the Dolphin show, we finally snagged front row seats. The trainers had the dolphins doing all sorts of back flips and they were jumping through hoops, but bless me, I was far more concerned with the bird that had started pulling rubbish out of the bin. Classic. 


Squirrel in tree


Squirrel on ground

Squirrel foraging

Squirrel sniffing (favourite)

Squirrel looking
Back to Chicago



Had to do this one myself as the girls had moved on after I took too long with the squirrel. Yolo.



So here's the sitch - we had planned on a big, expensive, fancy dinner at the Lincoln Hotel, on like, the 80th floor or something, where you are wined and dined with a fantastic view overlooking the city. We had made a reservation, got the cab downtown, were all set for it, get there, can't get up to the fancy-view-hotel AT ALL because we didn't have IDs. Yeah. We had planned this thing like a day ahead and organised our weekend around it...but it was ok...we ended up eating at a super fancy restaurant on the bottom floor, where the view out the window was of the trash cans. And you don't want to know the total of our restaurant bill. It was more money than our accommodation. Best meal in America, best meal in my life. But going to be sleeping on the streets next time.









Fair certain there was a murmur of a joke likening me to a child, always being a nuisance, that sort of thing


B-Dawg

A-Dawg

Foodies. Because it cost so much it deserves a bloomin photo on da blogz


Wound down with drinks in the spa before getting dressed and heading out to experience Chicago's theatrical night life once again. Classic Saturday night shenanigan photos >>>ENTER HERE<<<



Chicago Baby








I like this cause you see the reflection of the city lights through the glass





We saw a different improv show in a different theater. Ah memorable times. In the early hours of the morning, (if my memory serves me correctly) we actually stopped by the 2nd biggest McDonalds in the world. Sigh. Chicago, you were meant to be a classy place.

No comments:

Post a Comment