Monday 9 December 2013

Finally finals

Tim's Penthouse view December-time

It's actually just occurred to me that's it's Decemeber. I mean, crispy-cold, snowy-picturesque, holiday-merry, steaming-coffee-and-hot-fireplaces, christmas-spirit-and-cheer, 9th of December. I remember when I used to sit in my room listening to Greenday's When September Ends, at the end of September. That seemed like yesterday. Wait no actually, yesterday seemed like the day I moved into college and was listening to Bruce Springsteen's Born In The USA as I unpacked into my dorm. When we first discovered Toby Keith's I Wanna Talk About Me in New Hampshire-live-free-or-die state feels like years ago. And now, I got up at 7.00am for my Death Penalty final (which included a graded practical assessment of a correctly-administered, constitutional execution), leave my building and it's snowing and I forgot my gloves and my long johns and I know it's going to be a long day. I wanted to go for a walk around the Fens after my exam, because the scenery is so purdy with all this snow, but alas due to weather conditions I'm stuck inside writing this and listening to Wham's Last Christmas instead. Now blogging about my semester in song would be quite an interesting post, one I'll consider very thoroughly. What have we learned from this? Caty has arguably terrible taste in music and is incapable of dressing herself effectively.


Here's the Canada video!

Happier times

My fridge-notes compared to Katherine's

We are in the midst of finals, and they are dragging which is terrible. They're also combined wiht the genuine sadness becasue after they're over, my best friend from Melbourne arrives (which, yay) but it signifies the end of my college experience. We had a final farewell dinner with Vivian last night, just me, Ann and Bridge. It was awful. We went back to our favourite Ginger Exchange restaurant, where we first staretd eating together when we became friends. That restaurant is so significant for us, a little Asian treasure tucked out on Huntington Ave, we first started eating there when it wasn't popular and was always empty - but it was our santury. NOw it's full every night and you scarcly get a tbale without a reservation. We first ate there with Bridge and Annie and Maria, before our New Hampshire trip early on, to plan it and organize the details...I remember how we all sort of sat there, making small talk but nonetheless forming friendships that lasted our whole semester. Annie sat opposite me, and although I was the one who had originally met her and suggested we invite her, I remember looking at her and thinking GOD ALMIGHTY THAT POMPIOUS BRITISH ACCENT IS GOING TO ANNOY ME. I told her that last night. She laughed and we reflected on how the truth is finally coming out. We were even sat at the same table (what a co-inky-dink) that we were 4 months ago. As I glanced around the resaturant I remember all the meals we've had there, a hurried late-night suggestion, or an organised dinner. I glanced over to the table where we ate at when Jeppe finally returned from Denmark, and I saw us - 3 months ago, sat around the table, bubbling with excitement, welcoming Jeppe back into the country, so happy and blissfully ignroant at how quickly our time would pass. I can even remember our conversations. Now it all seems a bittersweet memory.



We talked about my blog, in which I talked about how I would miss it. Miss writing about my life, to people that possible care. Miss documenting my youth, my experiences, fun times and the people I might otherwise forget about (jk). Bridge suggested I continue it at home, and I thought that would be a plausible reason, I mean, my life is just as exciting at home, regardless of time, place and people, I'll have 'yall know. And NO I DON'T KNOW WHY THAT IS SO FUNNY but every one fell on the floor laughing...?! And then every time they looked at me afterwards they couldn't help but burst into tears...of laughter....ahh? Ok...was it something I said?! I do genuinely lead a very interesting and exciting life. I can't help that. People would read it, I reckon.

We delayed dinner...taking as long as possible to eat our food, even logner to pay the bill (under the watchful eye of the waiter) and then after a good 20 minutes of sitting there with a paid check (not a spelling mishap - that's how we spell it over here) we THEN decided to order dessert - got shared mochi, ate it. Paid for it. Decided to get another round. Ate it. Waited. Paid for it....and then there was nothing left to do but go. We walked back in silence - Viv was going to leave the next day. She slipped a note past my room late that night that brought me to tears. Whatever, I'm a soppy sook. But I'm sure you can imagine. 


Finals are killing us all softly.




My finals week has basically considered of BHOP, studying, socializing, reading a bit and just knowing everything is going to be ok. Oh, and also I've procrastinated by watching this ripper of a video on Youtube about Northeastern!! It's amazing, probably much better if you go here, admittable, cause 'yall get the jokes, but it kinda shows a bit about what this top-notch-school is all about.


....rip off of my New York song vid? Maybe. Possibly better? Absolutely.


Also, I've been reading all my other mate's blogs, and translating them accordingly, which is a lot of fun, a big time-waster and quite a challenge, especially when the translation isn't proper and I get to giggle at the mis-matched sentences. 

...and yes, you'll be pleased to hear that I'm a prominent feature on those blogs too. Heart <3

My life and apartment these days;
 
Even the great Australian Nation is falling down

Only one cookie left #help

Productive work-area


On Saturday Tim and I were wandering the halls to hear a beautiful acoustic guitar player sitting up on the 5th floor by the fire escape, singing softly into the early hours of Sunday morning. We chatted to him for a bit and her serenaded us with his sweet tunes. He plays up there quite often, most nights cause it's the only place he gets to practice, and he's on reversed sleep cycles. What a shame that I only found out about him now. 

Excuse me whilst I continue to wallow in the looming depression of my departure...and probably listen to more Wham.





No comments:

Post a Comment