Tuesday 14 January 2014

Sausages

I  started missing a good Aussie snag many many months ago. After the pathetic 'American hotdog' (don't even get me started) or even worse American corndogs, my quest for a good sausage has been not yet been successful. Hence when I arrived in my most favourite country and a place very close to my heart, Germany, the first place I went was to get a decent bratwurst. Yum.

Oh, here are the travel plans btw; 


MUNICH/GERMANY > ZAGREB/CROATIA > BUDAPEST/HUNGARY > BRATISLAVA/SLOVAKIA > EISENERZ/AUSTRIA > SALZBURG/AUSTRIA > PASSAU/GERMANY > REGENSBURG/GERMANY > ANSBACH/GERMANY > AMSTERDAM/THE NETHERLANDS > COPENHAGEN/DENMARK > BREMEN/GERMANY > HANNOVER/GERMANY > MUNICH/GERMANY

But seriously. The sausages, the Bavarian beer...all glorious things I have missed. I've met some really lovely people over my couple of days in Munich (and nights at the WomBAR). I spent my days wandering around the city, visiting favourite places, buying fresh fruit and sausages at the markets, drinking beers and chatting to internationals from all over the world. I climbed the famous Alter Peter Kirche, which is basically just a church, but you can see the Alps from the city and why not, right? I climbed the 303 stairs (big deal for me) to try and find my name I am sure I inscribed in the inside stairwell when I was 16. It probably said something like; 'Caty waz here. 2009. Australia rulz.'








What else can I say? I wouldn't come home if 'yall paid me to. I'm happy as Larry, super excited about the trip that awaits me and thank whoever is up there that has been smiling on me, giving me the power and means to travel again. I backpacked Europe only two years ago, and that made me a very lucky person. Now to do it again, - well I'm counting my stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment